EPIC:The Musical 20
The Underworld Saga - Monster 怪物
官方歌曲:
繪師gigi的同人動畫(根本是有夠精美的總集篇):
前情提要:
奧德修斯從先知口中得知,就算能回家,他也不可能再是從前的自己,
面對這樣震撼的預言,他下定決心不惜一切代價也要回家。
[奧德修斯]
How has everything been turned against us?
為何局勢總對我們不利?
How did suffering become so endless?
為何苦難變得永無止境?
How am I to reunite with my estranged?
我該如何才能回到分別已久的家人身邊?
Do I need to change?
我必須有所改變嗎?
I'm surrounded by the souls of those I've lost
如今我被已逝故人的亡魂繚繞
I'm the only whose line I haven't crossed
我是唯一尚未被跨越的底線
What if the greatest threat we'll find across the sea
Is me?
萬一我們發現海岸另一端最大的威脅就是我呢?
What if I'm the monster?
萬一我就是那個怪物?
What if I'm in the wrong?
萬一我活該受譴責?
What if I'm the problem that's
been hiding all along?
萬一我就是一直以來隱藏的禍害?
What if I'm the one who killed you
萬一就是我害死了無數人
Every time I caved to guilt?
造成自己無止盡的內疚
What if I've been far to kind to foes
萬一我對敵人的善良
But a monster to ourselves?
反讓自己成了戰友眼中的怪物?
What if I'm the monster
萬一我就是那個怪物?
Is the cyclops struck with guilt when he kills?
那個獨眼巨人是否會因為殺戮而內疚?
Is he up in the middle of the night?
夜裡輾轉難眠?
Or does he end my men to avenge his friend
或是他為了替朋友復仇而殺死我的人
And then sleep knowing he has done him right?
夜裡就能心安理得地陷入熟睡?
When the witch turns men to pigs, to protect her nymphs
Is she going insane?
那個女巫將男人變成豬只為保護她的水仙女
那時的她算是失去理智嗎?
Or did she learn to be colder when she got older
或是她從過往的教訓中學會變得冷硬
and now she saves them the pain?
現在她終於能保護她們?
When a god comes down and makes a fleet drown
當一名神祇下凡溺斃大半艦隊的人
Is he scared that he's doing something wrong?
他會為自己犯的過錯心驚嗎?
Or does he keep us in check so we must respect him
或是他刻意拿捏我們好讓我們敬畏
And now no one dares to piss him off?
因此現在我們沒人膽敢招惹他?
Does a soldier use a wooden horse to kill sleeping trojans cause he vile?
用木馬屠殺熟睡特洛伊人的士兵算得上邪惡嗎?
Or does he throw away his remorse and
save more lives with guile
又或是他得拋棄罪惡感才能用計謀拯救更多性命?
If I became the monster, and threw that guilt away
要是我成為怪物 並拋開罪惡感
Would that make us stronger?
那是否會讓我們更加強大?
Would it keep our foes at bay?
那能否會讓敵人敬而遠之?
If I became the monster to everyone but us
要是我成了對自己人之外的怪物
And made sure we got home again
只要能保證我們重返家園
Who would care if we're unjust
又有誰在乎我們是否稟持正義?
If I became the
要是我成為
[士兵們]
Monster
怪物
[奧德修斯]
Oh, ruthlessness is mercy upon ourselves
對敵人無情就是對自己仁慈
[士兵們]
Monster
怪物
[奧德修斯、船員們]
And deep down I know this well
我內心深處早就明瞭
I lost my best friend, I lost my mentor, my mom,
500 men gone, this can't go on!
我失去了最好的朋友、導師、我媽、五百多名下屬命喪黃泉 這不能再發生了!
I must get to see Penelope and Telemachus
我得回去與佩涅洛碧和泰勒馬庫斯團聚
so if we must sail through dangerous ocean sand beaches,
所以若我們得航越大洋與海岸
I'll go where Poseidon won't reach us,
我要前往波塞頓觸不可及之地
and if I got a drop another infant from a wall
要是我得再將一個嬰兒扔下城牆
in an instant so we all don't die
好保住所有人的小命
Then I'll become the monster!
那就讓我成為怪物!
I'll deal the blow!
我會咬牙撐過打擊!
And I'll become the monster like none they've ever known!
我會成為任何人都前所未見的怪物!
So what if I'm the monster lurking deep below?
若我是那蟄伏在暗處的怪物又如何?
I must become the monster and then we'll make it home!
我必須成為怪物並重返家園!
Monster
怪物
Penelope
佩涅洛碧
Monster
怪物
Telemachus
泰勒馬庫斯
Monster
怪物
Oh, ruthlessness is mercy upon ourselves
喔 對敵人無情就是對自己仁慈
Monster
怪物
I'll become the monster
我將成為怪物
大家最喜聞樂見的黑化歌出現了!(拍手拍手
歷經重重打擊,在得知自己未來的命運後,
奧德修斯終於決定不當人類,為了返家而成為怪物。
觀眾們也跟著這首歌重新檢視了他這一路的旅程,
而這也是The Underworld Saga以及第一幕的最後一首曲子,
算是剛剛好讓主角在整齣音樂劇的正中間完成了心態轉變。
就讓我們期待一下不當人的奧德修斯在第二幕會變成什麼樣吧。
最後來點正能量(?)看看繪師gigi的惡搞動畫,
音源來自今年愚人節Jorge放出的惡搞影片,他宣稱自己覺得〈Monster〉這首歌過於黑暗,
於是決定重新撰寫這首曲子(是的,這只是個愚人節玩笑)。