[Verse1: Macklemore]
Iused to sit with my dad in the garage
我曾跟我老爸同坐在車庫裡
Thatsawdust, that Pinesol, and the moss
看著木屑積滿地,松木香味四處飄溢,還有牆腳的苔癬
Aroundevery spring, when the winter thawed
在每年的冬日方去,第一道春風吹來之時
We’dhuddle around the radio, twist the broken knob
我們肆意切換著電臺頻道,不停地完轉著旋鈕
710AM, no KJR. Dave Niehaus' voice would echo throughout the yard
710頻道,KIRO電臺裡,戴夫尼豪斯的聲音流竄在各家後院裏
Couldn’thave been older than 10
當時的我還不到十歲
Butto me and my friends
但對我和我的朋友而言
Thevoice on the other end might as well have been God’s
收音機另一端傳來的尼豪斯聲音彷彿是上帝的耳語
1995,the Division Series
1995年,大聯盟的美聯分區聯賽裡
Edgar'sup to bat
水手隊的艾德格站上打擊區
Bottomof the 11th inning
11局下半為西雅圖敲響了勝利
Gotthe whole town listening
整個城都聆聽著尼豪斯的一言一語
"Swungon and belted," the words distorted. "Joey Cora rounds third!
“打擊出去” 聽眾屏息以待 ”喬伊科拉繞過三壘先馳得點”
Herecomes Griffey! The throw to the plate’s not in time!
小葛瑞菲也繞過三壘! 球傳到本壘但小葛瑞菲快了一步!
My,oh my, the Mariners win it!"
My oh my 西雅圖,水手隊贏了!"
Yes.Fireworks, they lit up that ceiling in the Kingdome
燦爛的煙火照亮西雅圖的夜,點亮了國王巨蛋的天花板
Wehad just made history
我們剛見證了歷史的一刻!
[Interlude:Dave Niehaus]
"Swungon and lined down the left field line for a base hit! Here comes Joey! Herecomes Junior to third base! They’re gonna wave him in! The throw to the platewill be… late! The Mariners are going to play for the American LeagueChampionship! I don’t believe it! It just continues! My, oh my!"
(尼豪斯的轉播)
"球沿著左側的邊線飛到外野!喬伊繞過壘包先馳得點!緊接在後的小葛瑞菲也跑過了三壘!休息區的大夥兒都跳了起來!傳到本壘的這球裁判的判決是…水手隊得分!水手隊將晉級參加美聯冠軍賽!真的讓人難以置信!今年的比賽還沒結束!My,oh my!"
[Verse2: Macklemore]
Laceswoven, barely holdin’ that stitch
手中帶著縫線鬆散的棒球手套
Thecreases of time amongst the grime and the grit
手套皮革的皺褶裡混和著灰塵與砂礫
Wherethe leather he used to pound his fists
模仿選手握拳捶向手套的正中央
Tosome it's just a mitt, but see that glove was him
有些人不相信,但對我而言手套便是選手的靈魂
Yep,tell me stories on the field, with that sun-stained brim
父親在球場上對我說著故事,還記得當時陽光灑在他的身上
Bloodunder my chin, he taught me how to spit
宛如傳承血脈一般,那天我聽了很多大小事
Sunflowerseeds back with me and my crew
想起與朋友在球場上練球的日子
Sunburntarms
曬傷脫皮的手臂
BigLeague Chew
咬在嘴裡的口香糖,就像球星口裡咬著的菸草
Yeahwe were like, The Sandlot after dinner
我們就像當年的那部電影 沙地傳奇
Afterpractice we'd listen
練習後回到家的第一件事情
Tothe M’s in the kitchen
是打開收音機收聽水手隊的轉播
Andif mom wasn’t trippin’
如果老媽沒有意見的話
"Comeon dad! Please, I swear, just one more inning!"
"拜託啦爸,我聽完這局就去睡了"就像其他孩子一樣
Voicewent "pump, pump!" through the system
尼豪斯說話的聲音使我著迷
"Breakout the rye bread! It's grand salami time!"
"球飛出牆外,這是支大滿貫!"
"My,oh my! Another victory!"
"My , oh my!又贏了一場!"
Yes.My city, my city
沒錯,這是西雅圖,這就是我的家鄉,我們站在一起
Childhood,my life watchin’ Griffey right under those lights
那美好的時光,我好想再次為鎂光燈下的小葛瑞菲喝采
[Verse3: Macklemore]
Underthat light rain, gleaming in that night game, can't stop now
時間會持續流動,美好榮光也會離去,我們不能在此停下腳步
Keepmoving, no brake pads!
不停地向前進,人生沒有煞車可踩
Camehere to prove a point, live my life on the field
如同以鑽石型球場為家的選手,是為了夢想而努力的先鋒
Makehistory in between the base paths
不停地在壘線間跑著,鍛造風光歷史的這一刻
Andcompete against the fear that is in me that’s my only barrier and I swear thatI'mma break that!
成名路上要不停與心中的恐懼交戰,而我誓言將會突破那些難關
Fromthe mud
從默默無名
Thecleats that we drug
緊抱著當年的那份激情
Throughthe feet
透過雙腳不停地向前邁進
Thisis that moment, and you can't take it back
成名的時刻自然會到來,誰也無法阻止
Idon’t really collect cards anymore, just a box and some old cardboard
我已不像當年那樣收藏球卡,唯一留下的只剩個舊盒子與曾收集的卡
Memoriesembedded in the dust, in the fibres that age just like us
球員卡逐漸退色不再閃耀,而我們隨時間流逝不停地成長
Livin’somewhere off in the drawer
我們也都該不再回頭觀望,而是活在當下
Thisis what you make of it. Yeah, we play to win
這是我們存在的理由,美好的結果是我們之所以努力的目標
Liveit like we’re under the lights of the stadium
就像棒球場上賣力比賽、享受當下的球員一樣
Fightuntil the day that God decides to wave us in
奮鬥直到上帝將我們召入祂身旁的那一刻
Right,until he waves us in
到那之前我們都不會停止奮鬥
It’smy city, my city, childhood, my life. That’s right
這是西雅圖精神,我的家鄉、童年、人生,就是這樣
Underthose lights
在鎂光燈下要比燈光更加閃耀
Mycity, my city, childhood, that’s right. Niehaus, "My, oh my!"
我的西雅圖、熟悉的球場,還有尼豪斯跟他常掛在嘴邊的"My , oh my!"
Comeon. My city, my city, childhood, my life. That’s right, under those lights
這就是西雅圖如何孕育我、影響我的童年與人生,如今使我大放異彩
It'smy city, my city, childhood, my life, Niehaus. My, oh my. Rest in peace
感謝你西雅圖,感謝你尼豪斯,感謝在我童年發生的一切。My,oh my. 現今請於西雅圖家鄉安息長眠。
感謝您的收看,如果有翻譯不好的地方還請麻煩通知我一下,同時也希望能讓更多人喜歡上Macklemore and Ryan Lewis 所做的音樂。